The coronavirus has changed the way we work, play, and learn. Schools are closed, sports events have been canceled, and many people have started working from home. On March 16, Donald Trump also announced plans to avoid groups of more than 10 people, discretionary travel, bars, restaurants, and food courts. As you deal with the effects, can you even estimate the damage Coronavirus has done to us till now? No, Here is a listed version of the things we have sacrificed over the time to protect ourselves from Corona –
- Coronavirus is affecting our lives physically, socially, and emotionally. The coronavirus outbreak has disrupted our middle and high school experience.
- All the schools have been closed.
- Irrespective of the needs, each one of us is practicing social distancing.
- Social Distancing can help in containing the virus, But, it is important to go for Physical isolation in case you show mild symptoms.
- Consider the positives attached with isolation, rather than concentrating on the negatives. Feeling of isolation can be really daunting, but staying affirmed to life is what we need at the moment.
- Depression can affect the immune system’s ability to fight infection. Different research has proved that loneliness can activate our fight-or-flight function, leading to chronic inflammation and reducing the body’s ability to defend.
But there are some good things that we have learned, These are:
- Importance of Good Hygiene
- Social Distancing
- Working from home
- Living without parties and going to social places
- Importance of good health
- Importance of strong immunity
Coronavirus myths and facts:
- Alcohol based sprays destroy Coronavirus;
It is a common belief that alcohol based solutions help in shielding ourselves against Coronavirus. However, in reality, it causes harm to us, especially if it enters the eyes or mouth. Use these chemicals to disinfect surfaces, but try and pertain to be used on skin.
- Only older people are at risk
You must have heard this as well. People are saying that this virus can affect only older adults. But like other flus, Coronavirus can infect people of any age.
- Children does not get infected with COVID-19
Going by the reports declared under WHO pandemic count, it is clearly visible that Children are also getting infected because of this virus. In most cases, adults and children have gotten this infection, since the immunity level of these two groups is considered as the least.
- COVID-19 is just like the flu
People are still not taking this virus so seriously. They are comparing this to any other flu they have encountered over the years. Since COVID- 19 belongs to the same coronavirus family as of common cold, the symptoms are indicative similar to that of flu. Both COVID-19 and flu can be mild, severe, or, in rare cases, fatal. Considering the fatality rate across the world, one must look into the same with severe attention.
- Everyone with COVID-19 dies
COVID-19 should indeed be taken seriously but a matter of fact is that not everybody with COVID-19 die. The percentile of fatality is nearly 4% of the total spread. Rest of them are getting recovered.
As per the reports showcased by WHO, around 80% of people will experience a relatively mild form of the disease. They don’t require special treatment at a hospital. These mild symptoms include some or all symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness, and shortness of breath.
- Cats and dogs spread coronavirus
It is also said that Cats and dogs spread corona-virus which is not true. This pandemic disease spreads by human transmission. Recently, some symptoms of coronavirus have also been seen in animals. But it doesn’t mean that they have spread it to humans.
- Hand dryers kill coronavirus
It is the funniest myth that Hand Dryers can kill the coronavirus. There is no link of fact behind thisThe best way of protecting yourself and others from the virus is by washing your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- You have to be with someone for 10 minutes to get infected
It is absurd that people think that. It is possible to catch it in less than 10 minutes.
- Take Antibiotics
The next myth is that “Antibiotics can kill coronavirus”, which is not true. The fact is that there is no such medicine or cure for this virus. The researchers are testing vaccines, which can be exclusively used to cure patients affected with COVID-19.
If you think that thermal scanners can detect corona-virus, then you are wrong. They can detect whether someone has a fever. Besides that other conditions, such as seasonal flu, can also be tested via Thermal Scanners.
- Home remedies can cure COVID-19
Testing home remedies to seek protection against COVID-19 is not sure to work. It is a myth that vitamin C, essential oils, silver colloid, sesame oil, garlic, fish tank cleaner, burning sage, and sipping water every 15 minutes can save you from the Corona-virus.
The best way of saving yourself is to adopt a good hand wash routine and practice social distancing.
From all the above data and facts, it can be concluded that this outbreak has taken so many lives from us and is still at its all time high. But the worst thing is that there is no vaccination of this. Routine Social distancing and keeping ourselves clean is the only key to a healthy body at the moment. Wash your hands, sanitize the things that you bring from outside and don’t get out of your homes unnecessarily. We all have learned the ways of living life in a new manner. It has changed our lives.